Chadbourne & Parke's International Arbitration and Public International Law practice group, together with the Columbia Center on Sustainable Investment (CCSI) and the American Society of International Law's Dispute Resolution and International Courts and Tribunals Interest Groups, will be hosting a “Year-in-Review” focusing on 2014′s key developments in investor-state arbitration. The event will draw together academics, government representatives, and practitioners in order to present and discuss outcomes, trends, and outliers in disputes involving governments and claimants from around the world, and explore implications for pending and future cases.
- Christina Hioureas, Chadbourne & Parke and co-chair of the ASIL Dispute Resolution group (introduction)
- Angel Horna, legal adviser, Peru Mission to United Nations
- Sean Murphy, professor of law, George Washington University and special rapporteur to the United Nations International Law Commission (ILC)
- Natalie Morris Sharma, legal adviser, Singapore Mission to United Nations
- Rachel Thorn, Partner, Chadbourne & Parke
Reception to follow.