This one-day instructor-led course is designed to train lawyers, journalists, field and headquarters personnel, and graduate students, to recognize and understand situations where international humanitarian law might be applicable.
- Types of armed conflict
- The four Geneva Conventions and their additional protocols
- Fundamental principles and protections afforded by international law
- Distinction between combatants and civilians
- Civilian direct participation in hostilities
- Role of the Red Cross and humanitarians in armed conflict
A light lunch will be served. This event is sponsored by the American Red Cross and cosponsored by ASIL.