The Society invites you to attend the second annual Robert E. Dalton Roundtable on International Law in Government Practice. This year’s panel looks beyond L, highlighting a diverse range of career paths within the US government.
David P. Stewart of Georgetown Law will begin the event with opening remarks and a tribute to Robert Dalton. The program will then feature a moderated discussion of current international legal issues among mid-career attorneys engaged in the practice of international law. After the conclusion of the program, there will be a reception at which the panelists will meet informally with students and new professionals aspiring to government careers in international law.
- Syed Ahmad, U.S. Department of Justice (Civil Division); formerly Department of the Navy
- Megan Bartley, Deputy Chief Counsel, Senate Foreign Relations Committee
- Mary B. DeRosa, Professor from Practice, Georgetown University Law Center; former NSC Legal Adviser, Deputy Legal Adviser to the President, Alt. US Rep. to the UN General Assembly, Chief Counsel (National Security) for the Senate Judiciary Committee, Special Counsel to the DOD General Counsel, Chair of CIA's Legal Advisory Board
- Siham Nurhussein, Deputy Assistant General Counsel (Europe and Asia), USAID
- David P. Stewart (moderator), Professor from Practice, Georgetown University Law Center
- Charles Wall, Senior Policy Advisor for Export Administration, U.S. Department of Commerce Bureau of Industry and Security
Date and Location
This event is free and open to all, but advance registration is required.
Questions about registering? Please contact the ASIL Service Center at firstname.lastname@example.org or (+1) 202-939-6001.