The Trade & Investment issue area includes significant legal and institutional developments in the areas of trade, foreign direct investment, economic integration, business regulation and taxation, intellectual property, and issues related to the transnational movement and regulation of goods, services, labor, and capital.
Krista Nadakavukaren Schefer
April 15, 2013
- The New WHO FCTC Protocol to Eliminate Illicit Trade in Tobacco Products - Challenges Ahead By Jonathan Liberman, ASIL Insights, December 14, 2012
- The WTO Outlaws the Privileges of the Chinese Payment Services Giant By Panagiotis Delimatsis, ASIL Insights, September 28, 2012
- The WTO Appellate Body Knocks Down U.S. “Dolphin-Safe” Tuna Labels But Leaves a Crack for PPMs By Elizabeth Trujillo, ASIL Insights, July 26, 2012
- The WTO Ruling on U.S. Country of Origin Labeling ("COOL") By Joshua Meltzer, ASIL Insights, July 18, 2012
- China-Raw Materials: WTO Rules on Chinese Natural Resources Export Dispute By Sonia E. Rolland, ASIL Insights, June 19, 2012
- Challenges of Arbitrators in International Disputes: Two Tribunals Reject the "Appearance of Bias" Standard By Chiara Giorgetti, ASIL Insights, June 6, 2012
- The Russian Federation Joins the OECD Convention Against Bribery By Andy Spalding, ASIL Insights, June 5, 2012
- The Airbus-Boeing Subsidy Dispute: With Both Parties in Violation, Is There an End in Sight? By Simon Lester, ASIL Insights, May 9, 2012
- The WTO Appellate Body Outlaws Discrimination in U.S. Flavored Cigarette Ban By Tania Voon, ASIL Insights, April 30, 2012
- If the Glove or Shoe Fits: Court of International Trade Invokes Totes-Isotoner and Rejects Another Equal Protection Exception for Customs Cases in Rack Room Shoes v. United States By Claire Kelly, ASIL Insights, April 9, 2012
- No More Zeroing?: The United States Changes its Antidumping Policy to Comply with the WTO By Sungjoon Cho, ASIL Insights, March 9, 2012
- The Tuna-Dolphin Encore - WTO Rules on Environmental Labeling By Elizabeth Trujillo, ASIL Insights, March 7, 2012
- Cigarettes and Public Health at the WTO: The Appeals of the TBT Labeling Disputes Begin By Tania Voon, ASIL Insights, February 28, 2012
- P.R.I.M.E. Finance: The Role and Function of the New Arbitral Institution for the Settlement of Financial Disputes in The Hague By Dr. Eric De Brabandere, ASIL Insights, February 8, 2012
- Israel-Lebanon Offshore Oil & Gas Dispute - Rules of International Maritime Law By Martin Wählisch, ASIL Insights, December 5, 2011.
- Australians Get Their First Taste of New Zealand Apples in Ninety Years By Meredith Kolsky Lewis, ASIL Insights, September 12, 2011.
- Going It Alone: The Anti-Counterfeiting Trade Agreement as a Sole Executive Agreement By Oona A. Hathaway and Amy Kapczynski, ASIL Insights, August 24, 2011.
- Orange Juice, Shrimp, and the United States Response to Adverse WTO Rulings on Zeroing By Tania Voon, ASIL Insights, July 20, 2011.
- The WTO EC--Aircraft Panel and Appellate Body Reports on Subsidies to Airbus By Simon Lester, ASIL Insights, July 14, 2011.
- Chinese Import Restrictions on Publications and Entertainment Products Found to be WTO Inconsistent By Brendan McGivern, ASIL Insights, October 27, 2009.
- WTO Panel Report on Consistency of Chinese Intellectual Property Standards By James Mendenhall, ASIL Insights, April 3, 2009.
- Global Witness v. Afrimex Ltd.: Decision Applying OECD Guidelines on Corporate Responsibility for Human Rights By Jernej Letnar Cernic, ASIL Insights, January 23, 2009.
- WTO Appellate Body Upholds Compliance Panel's Findings in Cotton Subsidies Dispute By Karen Halverson Cross, ASIL Insights, September 16, 2008.
- The WTO Gambling Dispute: Antigua Mulls Retaliation as the U.S. Negotiates Withdrawal of its GATS Commitments By Simon Lester, ASIL Insights, April 8, 2008.
- A WTO Panel Openly Rejects the Appellate Body's "Zeroing" Case Law By Sungjoon Cho, ASIL Insights, March 11, 2008.
- ICSID Annulment Committee Rules on the Relationship between Customary and Treaty Exceptions on Necessity in Situations of Financial Crisis By Jürgen T. Kurtz
ASIL Insights, December 20, 2007.
- Canadian-made Drugs for Rwanda: The First Application of the WTO Waiver on Patents and Medicines By Holger P. Hestermeyer, ASIL Insights, December 10, 2007
- WTO Panel decision in Brazil - Tyres supports safeguarding environmental values By Julia Qin, ASIL Insights, September 5, 2007
- German Constitutional Court Rules on Necessity in Argentine Bondholder Case By Stephan W. Schill, ASIL Insights, July 31, 2007.
- Trade as Guarantor of Peace, Liberty and Security-Critical, Historical and Empirical Perspectives By Padideh Ala'I, Tomer Broude and Colin Picker, Studies in Transnational Legal Policy Series, 2006.
Events, Seminars, Conferences
- International Aspects of the Global Financial Crisis , ASIL 103rd Annual Meeting: International Law as Law (March 26, 2009)
- Multilateralizing Regionalism and the Future Architecture of International Trade Law as a System of Law , ASIL 103rd Annual Meeting: International Law as Law (March 26, 2009)
- Governing Through Indicators , ASIL 103rd Annual Meeting: International Law as Law (March 27, 2009)
- Border Tax Adjustments: Climate Change, the WTO, and New Tools for , ASIL 103rd Annual Meeting: International Law as Law (March 27, 2009)
- Learning from Doha: Can ‘Development’ be Operationalized in International Economic Law?, ASIL 103rd Annual Meeting: International Law as Law (March 28, 2009)
- IMF Governance Reform and its Broader Implications for the IMF's Work , ASIL 103rd Annual Meeting: International Law as Law (March 28, 2009)
- ASEAN's Evolving Legal and Institutional Framework (May 21, 2008)
- WTO Law and Practice: The State of the Discipline (February 15, 2008)
- IP Protection for Traditional Knowledge and Cultural Expressions (November 9, 2007)
- The Role of Standards in Global Food Trade (September 24, 2007)
- Transatlantic Regulatory Harmonization: The Way to Increased Trade, Investment, and Cooperation between the US and the EU? (February 22, 2007)
- EISIL Resources on International Economic Law
- EISIL Resources on Private International Law
- EISIL Resources on International Dispute Settlement
- Electronic Research Guide: International Economic Law
- Electronic Research Guide: Private International Law
- Electronic Research Guide: International Commercial Arbitration